September 14, 2011
September 6, 2011
André and Hanli got married outside Paarl on a sunny winter’s day.
We met through a blind date on 15 May 2009 and married on the 14 May 2011!
“After two weeks of meeting each other, it felt like we have known each other for ever. We got engaged in Mauritius, it was terribly romantic! We chose our wedding vendors by word of mouth – all sharing one thing – they had to be people’s persons with whom we felt comfortable and would be able to give our own ideas.”
Dress: Janita Toerien
Make-up: Marietjie Hurtur
Hair: Hugo Bornman
Flowers and Decor: Mint & Magnolia
Catering: Retha Rix
Video: Gerrit en Frannie Visser
Invitations and ceremony “paper”: Lezanne Bester
What’s supposed to be a winter day turned out to be a true Summers day. As we knew Andre and Hanli from even before they met it was so relaxed and seeing their love was a privilage.
See their Photos here
September 2, 2011
Rike and Cobus got married at Kronenburg just outside Paarl. She got dressed close by at their family’s farm and with A LOT of other guests also at the house it really felt like “My Big Greek wedding” It was so much fun.
How did you guys meet?
During April in 2004, we met at one of Stellenbosch’s local “hang-outs” – yes, really!
- Venue: Kronenburg- www.kronenburg.co.za
- Dressmaker: Christine O’Kennedy – www.christineokennedy.blogspot.com
- Make-up: Hannelie (Basic Beauty)
- Hair: Salon de la Roche (Paarl)
- Flowers: Glee events and promotions www.gleeevents.co.za
- Wedding planner: Hanri at Glee events and promotions
- Videopgrapher: Darron Donald www.photosbydonald.fotopic.net
- Wedding cake: With love baking (Charyka van Wyk)
- Music: Deejays music (DJ Theo) www.deejaysmusic.co.za
With weddings it’s always a challenge finding new spots for photos. It’s sometimes a case of scouting a bit and taking a small road here and a gravel road there.
It’s also amazing that a spot may be under your nose and you haven’t noticed it before, even though you’ve driven past it 50 times. I just love all the scenery in their photos.
The two of them were so into each other that we had to keep reminding them that we are actually taking photos!
See their photos here
September 1, 2011
Petri & Michelle got married just outside Stellenbosch in Jonkershoek.
How did you meet?
“In grade 11 I decided I wanted to attend a co-ed school after being in an all-girls school all of my life. I only ended up staying for a term (hehehe), but we met while I was there.
I saw Petri during lunch break and asked one of his friends to invite him to a party over the weekend, and we hit it off…”
- Venue: Watervliet Manor, Jonkershoek, Stellenbosch
- Dressmaker: Ever After Bridal, Durbanville
- Hair and make-up: Marie
- Flowers: Flowers in the Foyer and Moondrops
- Caterer: Pauline Schreuder Catering
“If anyone does not believe in love at first sight – Petri and I are living proof. From the first day we saw each other we were crazy about each other.”
See their photos here